Thursday, June 21, 2007

Training Week 3 - Thursday

I guess I am thinking too much about my running technique, which is a good thing. But it is making me a bit cautious and making me run really slowly. Today, we were supposed to have a 2 mile timed run at Kezar Stadium. I couldn't make the team run, so I went there in the morning to run on my own. I estimated how long the track was and finished my 2 miles. "Wow! I am awesome", I thought, "How fast I've built up my endurance". I had done 2 miles in about 15 minutes. Naaice!

I was walking out and thought I'd double-check my calculation with a group of hardcore athletes training there. Seems like I need a new pair of glasses, because the track distance was almost half of what I thought it was. Shit! I had done just one mile and had another to go.

The headline of this blog post is: I run a mile in 13 minutes.

That's slow. I need to improve on that. Step #1 is building endurance, and that just comes with practice.

No comments:

Etc.

IM me through Meebo


Check out oDesk
The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk