Sunday, June 10, 2007

Training Week 1 - Sunday

Team swim and bike day.

Went to Redwood High School in Larkspur in the morning. They have a great pool (see us swimming on the right, or the satellite image below).

We split amongst three groups (Age, Pro, Elite) by our self-assessed swim athleticism. Age was defined as: If you haven't swam before. "Hmmm, not me" I said to myself, and moved into the Pro group. Man, was I out of my league.

Here are my problems:

  1. Bad technique
  2. Hyperventilating, i.e. breathing too much and not getting enough good air into my lungs

I need to practice their drills this coming week and hopefully be in better shape for the team swim coming next Sunday.

redwood high school larkspur

No comments:

Etc.

IM me through Meebo


Check out oDesk
The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk