Team In Training just put the pictures from last weekend's triathlon on their website. Here are the stages of my first triathlon experience:
1. Before starting, we pose for a group picture. I am the 4th person standing from the right:
2. And we are off! I am about 1/3 of the way in from the right, the second guy running into the water.
3. Swimming out to sea! ... or towards Oakland :)
4. I finally make it out of the water.
5. On the bike and biking hard. At this point I am hitting my limit of energy output. I can only bike so fast. And I am beginning to hate my bike. It weighs a lot, and people biking less hard are overtaking me since they have lighter bikes.
6. The run is long, and it is painful. I am trying hard not to think about it and just powering through.
7. After the triathlon, we have a picnic. All I want to do is eat eat eat.
8. I'm happy. Why not? It's a naice.
- ▼ August (4)